CHIA SEED Cereal
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes (optional) Yield: 4 servings
A grain-free alternative to traditional oatmeal that's just as enjoyable and satisfying!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- 4 tbs ground flax seeds/flaxseed meal
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/2-1 cup water or almond milk, depending on how thick of thin you want it
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- fruit (try bananas, blueberries, apples, strawberries, or peaches)
- nuts or nut butter
- freshly ground nutmeg, allspice, and/or cardamom
WHAT TO DO
- In a small saucepan, combine seeds, coconut milk, water, vanilla, spices, salt and whisk until well combined.
- For cool oatmeal: Allow to set in the refrigerator, covered, overnight. For hot oatmeal: allow to set in the refrigerator, covered, overnight. Then, cook on low heat, covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.*
- Top with desired add-ons and enjoy!