Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes by stovetop, 20 minutes by oven Yield: about 6 servings
This is my go-to for side dishes! It's fast, easy, and a great alternative to grains! I love it with stews, grilled meats, curries, and stuffed bell peppers! Use cauliflower rice in place of traditional rice in any dish! You can cook it on the stove top or roast it in the oven. I prefer it oven roasted as you can get a crunchier texture with less risk of burning it; and who doesn't love the taste of roasted cauliflower?! Add herbs, saute it with veggies, mix it with a sauce, the possibilities are endless!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 raw head of cauliflower
- 1 tbs coconut oil (optional for stovetop only)
- food processor or cheese grater
WHAT TO DO
- Chop the cauliflower into pieces small enough to fit through the your food processor's chute or small enough to fit comfortably in your hand. Process or grate those pieces completely.
- If you are using the stovetop, add the oil to a pan over medium heat. If not, skip to Step 4.
- Stovetop: When the oil is hot, add the grated cauliflower to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Cook it just as you would cook fried rice.
- Oven: Spread the cauliflower "rice" out on a silicone mat lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 425F. Then, broil for an additional 5 minutes at the same temperature.
- Store raw, riced cauliflower in the fridge up to 3 days in an airtight container.