Makes 2 servings, Prep time: 30 minutes, Cook time: 10 minutes
I love eggs, and I'm sure many of you do too! But, sometimes you don't want to eat eggs for breakfast. My body craves VARIETY. It's essential to a balanced diet. Early in 2013, I challenged my followers to think about breakfast WITHOUT eggs while I did the same. I shared my creations and recipes on my Facebook page and came up with some pretty unique dishes! The first eggless breakfast was: Carninis
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 oz goat cheese
- dill (fresh or dried), minced
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted* and finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 6-8 oz smoked salmon, sliced
WHAT TO DO
- Heat oil in a grill pan over medium heat.
- Slice carrots with a mandolin slicer or a chef's knife on the bias. You will want the slices long, not short as in when preparing a salad. Here's an easy to follow video on this slicing technique.
- Place slices in the hot pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- While carrots are cooking, mash the avocado in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix goat cheese, dill, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the carrots have cooked, take them two at a time, spread avocado on one slice and layer slices of salmon on top. On the the other slice, spread the goat cheese mixture.
- Bring the two slices together like a sandwich and serve immediately.